Total Pageviews

Pages

Thursday 18 November 2010

The Atlantic Ocean calls - again!

Oh dear, oh dear! What am I thinking of??

For those that don't already know, in 1997 I took part in the first ever Atlantic Rowing Race. It took my partner and I 66 days to complete the task.
This weekend Simon Chalk from WoodVale Challenge, another veteran of that first race and several other Ocean Rowing crossings since (they organise all of the Ocean Crossing races), talked to me about an adventure across the Atlantic Ocean to be held in - January through to February in 2011. He said there is a spare place, and guess what? I'm filling that space!

Does this sound logical? No! Obviously not! But life is too short to miss out on opportunities when they come along. The things that race through your mind at times like this are ... Am I too old now? Am I fit enough? Will my back ache hold off for long enough to finish the event? The answers to all these could be a resounding 'Yes'! Especially the one about being too old. However, this is going out to all of you that might be dithering about whether you can do London to Paris, or Paris to London, or London to London via Paris in 2012 and beyond. You'll never know the answers about yourself unless you give it a shot. As my wife said to me when I got off the phone with Simon. "You'll never have another chance like this again! It's up to you. But I am sure you wouldn't forgive yourself if you didn't give it serious consideration".

That's me then! I'll keep you updated about this challenge and the London to London via Paris as I go along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment